Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Creative Commons License

Clustr Map

Math Chat

Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

Anita's HWB Post

4) Chris purchased the following items:
  • 2 binders for 4.99 each (about $10.00)
  • 1 math set for 3.99
  • a backpack for 16.99
Find the total cost including 5% GST and 7% PST.

Step 1: Add all the costs of the supplies to get a sum of $24.98.
Step 2: Multiply the sum by 0.12. The reason you multiply it by 0.12 is because it is the result of adding the GST and PST together.

Step 3: Add the taxes to the total.



Chapter Review

8) The coach asked the team to give 110%

a) What is this value as a fraction and decimal number?
The value of this as a fraction is a 110 and the decimal number is 1.10
100

b) What does this statement mean to you?
I think it means that the coach wanted the team to do their best.

9) Copy and complete the following table. The first row is done for you.

My answers:
Please tell me if I made any mistakes! I am not sure about a lot of the answers in the fractions column, so correct me if I'm wrong! (:

This blog doesn't let me add colour to my post so I'm sorry about that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment