Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Creative Commons License

Clustr Map

Math Chat

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Karl's Percent Post 4,8,12

4. Use mental math to find the following.
a) 20% of 60.

To do that I divided 20 by 100 which equals 0.2
0.2 is 1% so I multiplied 0.2 by 60 then I got my
answer.



















b) 250% of 400

To do that I got 100% which is 400 so
I doubled that and got 800 then I divided 100 by2 and got 50% so
I did the same to 400 and got 200
I added it all up and got 250%= 1000.



















c) 10 1/2% of 100





To do this I divided 10.50 by 100
and I got o.105 then that's 1% so I
multiplied that by 100 and I got 10.5



























8. The original price of a jacket was $84.00 A store manager marked the price down by 25 1/5. By how much was the price reduced.



To do that I divided 100 by 4 which equals
25% and 21 at the other side then I found
!% by dividing 100 by 100 and I got 0.84
so to get half I divided 0.84 which is 0.42
so I added it all together and I got $ 21.42





















12. A manufacturerof electric hybid vehicles claims it's vehicle will travel 200 % as far as it's regualar vehicle on full tank of gas. If the regular vehicle travels an average of 550 km on a full tank, how far will the hybrid go?



To do this I got the 100% which is
550 so I doubled that to get 200%
and I got 1100 so the hybrid car
will travel 1100 km.







Here's a video about finding percent of a number.



8 comments:

Nikko772 said...

Hey karl your scribe was really good you had all your stuff organize but maybe next time you
should take a picture of your work because it looks a little messy but GOOD JOB THOUGH!!

Anonymous said...

Good job Karl! I like that you put photos and a vidoe. I also like that you explain how to solve the problems. Like what Nikko said you should make your own pictures. Over all good job!

Steven817 said...

Hey Karl good job i like how it neatly organized and how you put color in to it it looks very neat but one suggestion is to probaly take a picture of your work instead of using paint so the work dosen't look messy but i used paint to which i shouldn't have but yeah any way great job !! ohh and another thing is you could have said what was for homework and that we should play on manga high to improve our math skills but other than that good job bro :) good luck this term !

Ace8-17 said...

Great job King Karl! Your answers and explanations matched with your pictures, I understood very easily.
There's a big blank space in your post, so next time click preview to see if anything looks weird. This happened to me too.
All that I suggest is to try and make your diagrams neat so viewers can read and understand clearly. 1 more thing is that you should look at previous posts and check if anyone had used the video that you are posting. Just so videos are not exactly the same. Overall, good job!

Kimg817 said...

Good Job Karl! You are well organized on how you put your questions in order. And also you showed it by changing the colors of your font, you put pictures and you even put a video on your scribe-post. My suggestions to you is that you may want to put websites on how we can practice or improve on this activity,what are some tips on how you did this without struggling, and how we can show it in different ways. To be honest, your pictures are boring and messy because you used paint. Next time you may just want to take pictures of your work or you can also type letters on paint. You may also want to put our homework for today or for upcoming days. Keep up the good work!:)

Jada 9-05 said...

Great job Karl, The picture were organized and neat. Though you may want to fix that big gap Your video helped with a better understanding. yeah so keep it up.

paige817 said...

Great Job Karl!
I liked how your post was well organized and easy to understand. You also had pictures to go with each question!
But one thing is, mostly everyone has used that video already so you could have chose another video besides that one.
Other than that, good job!
Keep it up! (:

Anita8-17 said...

Good job Karl! I really liked how you made a picture to go with every question, it made it very easy to understand. The only problem I had with your post was that there was a really big space between question 4 and 8, and it made your blog post look kind of empty.. otherwise it was a great blog! :)

Post a Comment