- ratio:A ratio is a comparison of two numbers
- rate:A comparison of two quantities measured in different units
- proportion: A proportion is an equation which states that two ratios are equal
5 hours to travel 360 miles is about 72 mph
2. As a playgroup worker, if I increase the amount of apple juice I am serving at
the playgroup from 25 ml to 100 ml, how much should I increase the the orange
juice to, to keep the quantities in the same proportion? The orange juice is 50
ml to start with.
What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are
true? 3/4 = 12/16 or 4/9 = 16/32
The statement is ture because 3x16=48 and 4x12=48 but when you divide it doesnt match.
1.Does this seem fair? No i dont think this is fair because the homeless guy stole 100$ and he is force to go to jail for 15 years and for the billionare stole 38$ mil and only has 3 years of prison.
2. With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above.
Does it seem just and fair? Why have you made this choice? It doesnt seem fair to me because the billionare only got 3 years of jail while the homeless got sentenced for 15 years just for stealing 100$.
3. What would you have done if you were the judge? I would sentenced the billionare for 15 years and the homeless for 1 year.