Ratio: A comparison of quantities that have the same units.
example: 3:9, 9:3
This picture shows 3 squares and 6 circles, if you wanted to make a part-to-whole ratio you would use 3(squares):9(whole)= 3:9.
Rate: A comparison of two quantities measured in different units. example: $1.69/100g, 72 beats/m.
Proportion: An equation which states that two ratios are equal.
- 5 hours to travel 360 miles is about 72 mph
- As a playgroup worker, if I increase the amount of apple juice I am serving at the playgroup from 25 ml to 100 ml, how much should I increase the the orange juice to, to keep the quantities in the same proportion? The orange juice is 50 ml to start with.
What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?
3/4 = 12/16 or 4/9 = 16/32
1. No, i do not think this seems fair.
2. I dont think this is fair because the homeless guy only stole $1oo and he was sent to jail for 15 years. The rich guy stole 3 million dollars and only got sent to jail for 40 months. I dont find that fair because the homeless guy ONLY stole $100 and he was also being honest that he stole it and returned it. The rich guy wasnt, and he spends less time in jail. That is really unfair.
3. What i would've done if i were judge was put the rich guy in jail for 10 years and put the homeless guy for 2 months only because i like how he was honest about stealing $100 and returned it.
I hope you all like my blog!