Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Creative Commons License

Clustr Map

Math Chat

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Liyanah's Scribe Post

2) How would you use prime factorization to determine the square root of 225? Compare your answer to a classmate's.



Perfect square**






8) Determine the prime factorization of each number. Which numbers are perfect squares?




144 is a perfect square.






15a) Evaluate
√49.





The answer is 7.






16a) Determine the value
9.




The answer is 3.







17) A fridge magnet has an area of 54mm
². Is 54 a perfect square? Use prime factorization to find the answer.





No, 54 is not a perfect square.








20) Adam's uncle has instructions for building a shed. One page of the instructions, shown below, is not very clear.


a) what is the area of the rectangle?

L x w
4 x 9 = 36
area: 36m²

b) What is the side length of the square?

The side length is 6m
² because it is 2 more meters from the rectangle.


If you do not understand squaring roots, this video may help:




If your having trouble on squaring roots here is a game to practice!
Just put your name to start!

I hope you all like my blog! (:

click here to go on MANGA HIGH.

5 comments:

Kamille817 said...

Hey Liyanah! Well done. I think all of your answers are correct since I got the same answers as yours, however, I messed 8 so after I looked what you have done there I realized the I have misread the numbers, so thanks! The link for the game was cool. I really loved it. The video helped me a bit and I also liked how you had different colors and text size in your scribe post because it really looked organize. Thanks for reminding me the MangaHigh also!

karl817 said...

Hi Liyanah nice scribe post i really like how it's so organized and everyrthing and you really did a good job the video helped me and now i understand much more on how to do it keep up the good work!!!!

Jada 9-05 said...

Great job Liyanah. It really helped a lot. I really like how neat you did your pictures. The video was good too. Thanks for adding a game it really helped and also our homework. So anyway great scribe.

Jada 9-05 said...

Great job Liyanah. It really helped a lot. I really like how neat you did your pictures. The video was good too. Thanks for adding a game it really helped and also our homework. So anyway great scribe.

Anonymous said...

Good job Liyanah! I like that you put the questions in one color and the answer in different color! I also like your pictures and videos it's very clear. I also like that you gave a link for us to practice. Good job!!

Post a Comment