10. Kai uses an entire can of paint on a square backdrop for the school play. The label on can states that one can cover 27 m squared of wall surface. Estimate the backdrop's side length to one decimal place.
Answer: 5.2 m
14. Alex is thinking of a number.
The number has a square root between 7 and 8, and it is a multiple of 12.
a. What number could he be thinking of?
b. is there more than one answer? Explain.
No, because 60 is the only number that has a square root between 7 and 8 and is multiple of 12.
19. Estimate the square root of 160 100. Explain how you determined your estimate.
Here is a video about square root
Here is a link to help you in:
Square root of perfect square
1. Pythagorean relationship is the sum of the square attached to the legs is equal to the square attached to the hypotenuse. It's also the formula to find the missing side and determine wether it's a right triangle or not.
2. Solve for the missing side length.
3. Is this a right triangle? Prove it!!!