Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Creative Commons License

Clustr Map

Math Chat

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Suzzene's Pay It Forward.


Part 1

Before:
I want to help people wo aren't fortunate enough. I might not make much of a difference but I will try my best. I want to help by donating as much money as I can. I will earn by saving money from my allowances, helping with housework and maybe a little babysitting. I am going to Shiloam Mission, Winnipeg Harvest or some other organization. My first choice at the moment is Shiloam Mission. I am planning to do this when I get an appropriate amount of money.

After:
We went up to the front desk and told the woman, "We're here to donate." She looked surpried. She told us her name was Linda. One of my favourite quotes from her was, "Do the best you can. Be the best you can be." I did not ask her to, "pay it forward" because I believe she has been "paying it forward" along with the rest of Shiloam Mission crew.

Part 2
What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?
My Pay It Forward is, I went to Shiloam Mission with Ghelo and donated $30.00

Why did you choose this activity?
We chose this activity because we wanted to help Shiloam Mission at least a little bit for their hard work trying to feed people who aren't able to.

Who did you help?

I believe that I contributed to a cause that helps people that don't have enough food.

What did you do?
Me and Ghelo donated money to Shiloam Mission.

When did you do you act of kindness?
We did our act of kindness on Thursday.

Part 3

How did your act of kindness go?
It went well.

What Happened?
She looked surprise for a bit then after, she gave us a tour of the place!

How did you feel?
I felt proud to have donated and like it is one of the best things to do with money.

How did the person or people react?
They were shocked. The person I talked to was about to leave but when we told her we were to donate, she still gave us a tour despite her busy schedule.

Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?
No.

How did they react to your request?
I did not ask them.

If you did not ask the person to "Pay It Forward" how come?
Because every single day, they have been "Paying It Forward."

Part 4
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
Because if it goes successful, everyone would have done a good deed to someone and who knows, they might like it and start doing more nice things for people.

Has your act of kindness made a difference?
May be small but I believe so. I hope the money we donated helped buy an extra canned goods or medicine or something.

A letter/receipt they sent us:


3 comments:

beverly814 said...

Hey Suzzene, I really like your Act of kindness(:. I liked how you and Ghelo used your own money to donate to Shiloam Mission and how you guys made a difference to those who need that money to feed those people who need it the most. Also I liked how you said that instead of buying stuff you don't need with your money you can just donate it, "it is one of the best things to do with money". Great job you guys(: Keep on making a difference!

Beverly D.R 8-14

samantha873 said...

Great job Suzzene! I liked that you both took you're time and money to help other people and that you want to help Shiloam Mission feed people that cannot get food themselves. I liked how you answered (If you did not ask the person to "Pay It Forward" how come?
Because every single day, they have been "Paying It Forward.") this question, it showed that you've thought of this before.

irena814 said...

Hi Suzzene! Great job on your "Pay it Forward" project. Your act of kindness was very cool. It was nice that you use your own money to donate to Siloam Mission. Doing chores and babysitting was a really clever way of finding money. Not only were you helping the Siloam Mission but you were also helping your parents. Maybe it wasn't a really big difference you made, but you did made a difference and every little bit counts. Great job Suzzene, keep up the great work!

Post a Comment