Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Creative Commons License

Clustr Map

Math Chat

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Paige's We Day Experience

Today was one of the best days of my life!
We Day is a very special concert, at the MTS center, that only students, teachers, and some adults get to go to. I was very lucky to be able to go today because only 30 students from our grade were able to. Even some grade 5 and 6's went also!


When we arrived at the MTS center there were many other children that were just like me, in fact some were older! From the moment I walked in the building I knew this day would be so much fun because everyone else was pumped too!


We started off the concert with the We Day dance which was choreographed by Shawn Desmond!
At first we got to re-learn the steps, if you haven't learned it yet, so that everyone was able to do it when we started dancing. Once we all learned it, we danced it a couple times and then Shawn Desmond went on stage!! Everyone started shouting and I felt so pumped to be there at that very moment, it was so fun getting to dance with Shawn Desmond and everyone else at the same time!


There were many inspirational speakers such as Craig and Mark Keilburger, Mia Farrow, Al Gore, Hannah Taylor, and Spencer West. To ME I would have to say that Spencer Went is my favourite and the most inspiring. He's my favourite and the most inspiring because he didn't let anyone or anything stop him from doing what he wanted. He was told that he wouldn't be able to walk or even stand up because of the disease that caused him to lose both his legs when he was younger and that he wouldn't be a regular functioning member of society.. BUT he wouldn't let those words stop him! He trained himself to learn how to walk and to inspire people that anything is possible if you try and you CAN do ANYTHING if you just believe!!


Even though there were many different speakers talking about different events, they all still had pretty much the same conclusion to it.
No matter what age, what colour, or how tall you are.... YOU can make a difference in the world as long as you set your mind to it and just believe!! "WE ARE going to change the world!!"

On November 30th I am choosing to take the Vow of Silence and hopefully many others will too! It is when we are not going to speak for 24 hours, that means we are not even able to use our phones or computers. This event is happening for all the child soldiers out there, like Michel Chikwanine was, that DO NOT have the right to speak and are being forced to slavery and work when they should be playing all day long! MIchel Chikwanine was only 5 years old when he was abducted my rebel soldiers in the soccer field of his school. He did not deserve how he lived his childhood... So I HOPE that you will join Michel Chikwanine and I and take the Vow of Silence so that YOU could stand in solidarity for those who are living this way right now!!!


Today was a very inspirational day and it was all a huge amount of fun! Thank you to all the teachers that made this day possible! (:
I am hoping that I can gain the confidence and get the courage to DO something to change the world no matter how big or small it may be.

Here are some pictures of my We Day experience:




























































I hope you like my post!
My video is still uploading on youtube so I will post it on here later today if that's alright!





"BE THE CHANGE"

1 comments:

paige817 said...

sorry, my pictures were kind of messing up so the words that were supposed to be at the end, ended up in the middle.

Post a Comment